5 Ways to Prevent Plumbing Problems
There are things you can do to prevent plumbing problems. For example, you can clean your toilet pipes regularly by pouring chemicals in your toilet. But, sometimes, your toilet can become clogged even if you’re doing everything you can on your part.
Plumbing problems can happen whether you’re doing something or not, and you can end up looking for Chino Hills’ reliable plumbing services even with your best efforts. However, taking care of your plumbing significantly reduces the risk of issues occurring.
How do you prevent plumbing problems?
There are certain plumbing problems that are more frequent than others, and that most homeowners have dealt with. The good news is that there are certain precautions you can implement in order to prevent these issues from occurring, or at least postpone them.
- No cooking grease down the drain – You should never pour any amount of cooking grease down your kitchen sink drain. It will harden when it cools, and clog your drain, which requires you to contact professional plumbers.
- Employ drain screens – Drain screens are really cheap, but really useful too. They are either made of metal or plastic, and you should place them over every drain in your home. They prevent various residue from going into the pipes and blocking them.
- Baking soda treatment – You do not have to resort to costly drain openers, not when baking soda does the job just as well. Pour about ¼ of a cup of baking soda, followed by roughly 240ml of white vinegar. Let it sit for a few hours before using hot water to flush the drain.
- Washing machine screens – Again, an inexpensive preventive measure of a potentially very expensive problem. Use hose screens on cold and hot water houses of your washing machine to stop the sediment from reaching the valves and pumps of your washer.
- Be gentle – Finally, be gentle when turning the water off. Don’t tighten the handle any more than you need to, and don’t crank it. This will help washers last longer, and stop leaks from occurring.
How do you maintain plumbing?
Keeping your plumbing in good shape is vital if you want to avoid having to do repairs all the time. There are many procedures that are part of regular plumbing maintenance, as you shall now see. However, do note that it is always best to have experienced plumbers perform these procedures for you, than to try doing them yourself.
If you notice any of these problems around your house, make sure to get them fixed as soon as possible, so as to avoid the issues getting worse.
- Leaky faucets
- Leaky showerheads
- Slow drains
- Exposed pipe leaks
- Leaking toilet
- Clogged drains
- Low water pressure
- Excess water heater sediment
- Excess showerhead sediment
- Leaky, cracked, and brittle hoses
Dealing with these problems as soon as they rear their heads is paramount if you’re looking to keep your plumbing in great condition for as long as possible.
How often should you clean your plumbing pipes?
Some people say every week, some people say every three months. However, cleaning your pipes on a monthly basis is enough to make sure they keep working properly. Just resort to baking soda and white vinegar every month and everything should be fine.
At least on your part. You should contact a plumbing company every year and have them inspect the state of your pipes, and do some thorough cleaning if there is a need for it. If your pipes are really old, perform this check twice a year.
Also, be mindful of the telltale signs that your pipes are beginning to clog.
- Bad smell coming from the drain
- Slow drainage
If you notice any or both of these two signals, get in touch with professional plumbers, and they will help you resolve the problems very quickly.
Which company offers leading plumbing services across the Chino Hills area?
It doesn’t matter if your drainage is slow, or if you’ve got severe leaks in your piping. For us at OneStop Plumbing, no problem is too small or too big for us to handle. We provide top-notch plumbing services to all our customers, and you can rely on us to relieve you of your plumbing troubles.
We employ only modern technology for all our interventions, which makes our interventions fast and efficient. If you’re in Chino Hills, or around Chino Creek makes no difference to us. We will come where you need us to be, and deal the issue promptly. Contact us today!