How to Unclog Toilets
Dealing with a clogged toilet is definitely one of the most common plumbing problems you can face. To prevent such a plumbing issue from occurring, have a plumber in Chino Hills perform regular maintenance on the drain lines in your home and toilets.
The first thing you can try is to pour a chemical down your toilet, like a drain cleaner, and do some heavy plunging. However, depending on the size of the blockage, you might not be able to do much. It’s always best to contact your plumber and let the pros take over.
Will a toilet eventually unclog itself?
Letting your toilet unclog on its own is never a good option. Contacting your local plumber and having the problem resolve itself is always better than just waiting for a miracle. However, that doesn’t mean that the toilet will never simply unclog itself.
Whether or not a toilet will unclog itself if you just leave it be depends on two factors.
- The cause of the clog – Your toilet will unclog on its own only if the reason for the blockage is organic. Organic materials are degradable, which means that toilet paper and human waste can disintegrate on their own.
- The size of the clog – If the blockage is small enough, then you can expect it to disappear on its own. However, you cannot completely ascertain the size of the clog on your own, which is why you should call a plumber to help you out.
However, the problem is that you cannot really ascertain these factors without some help from plumbers. Additionally, nothing can guarantee that your toilet will clog on its own even if these are the causes.
How do plumbers unclog toilets?
There are reasons why you need to call plumbers if your toilet starts to act out. They have the tools, the experience, and the know-how to help you resolve your bathroom emergency. Here’s how they do it:
- Equipment – Plumbers have all the necessary equipment for resolving all kinds of blockages in your toilet.
- Knowledge – Plumbers have seen plenty of toilet blockages in their careers, and they’ve become quite familiar with unclogging them.
- Tricks – Finally, plumbers have a couple of tricks up their sleeves, like warming up their plungers, employing correct plunging techniques, using different tools depending on the situation, and pouring some hot water and detergent down the bowl before they get cracking.
What does a plumber do to unclog a toilet?
Plumbers use a variety of equipment and experience at their disposal to help resolve your plumbing problems. And it’s actually the combination of these two that allows plumbers to be effective at solving all the issues around your home.
- Tools – We’ve already mentioned all the equipment plumbers have that helps them take care of various plumbing problems. However, equipment would mean nothing if they had no idea how to use it.
Plumbers firstly know when to use which piece of equipment. They know how to detect the problem, and they know which tool to use to make that problem go away. Also, they know how to properly use each tool to maximize its efficiency.
- Experience – Yours definitely won’t be the first toilet your local plumber is going to unclog. This experience allows plumbers to approach different problems from different angles, and to notice the things you would not be able to. An experienced plumber will work quickly and efficiently, knowing what to do and when to do it, which makes all the difference.
Which plumbers in the Chino Hills area do I call when there’s a plumbing problem?
If your toilet won’t flush, if your bathtub won’t drain, or if there’s any other plumbing emergency you desperately need help with, you can always call OneStop Plumbers – the finest plumbing company in all of Chino Hills.
When there’s something wrong with your toilet, you can’t very well leave your home and go have a relaxing stroll through Chino Hills State Park without resolving the issue first. This is where we come in.
We will quickly take care of any plumbing problems you’re experiencing, and let you get back to your normal routine as soon as possible. Contact us today and let us help you out!