Water Heater Repair: How Professionals Do It & What the Benefits Are
When your water heater starts acting up, there are some things you can try doing on your own, but there are also times when contacting a water heater repair specialist from Corona is imminent. There are benefits to hiring experts to handle your water heater problems, and it’s good to know how they repair water heaters and why you should consider hiring them.
How do professionals repair water heaters?
Some of the most frequent telltale signs that indicate your water heater needs to be repaired are lack of hot water throughout the entire house, strange noises emanating from the heater, rusty water color, and lowered efficiency of water heating.
As soon as you notice any of these problems, it’s a good idea to contact your local professionals to assess the situation and go over your options. Experienced water heater repair professionals approach water heater repairs in four phases:
- Inspection: Every comprehensive water heater repair should begin with a detailed inspection of the problem.
- Diagnosis: Upon inspection, a repair specialist will perform several diagnostic tests to pinpoint the cause behind the malfunction.
- Repair: Only when the actual reason behind the failure of your water heater has been determined, the technician will proceed to know what part(s) or service are needed to resolve the problem. If the water heater requires a replacement part, it most likely will need to come from the manufacturer since most parts are not universal across all manufacturers.
- Testing: Once the repair or service has been performed, the technician will perform additional testing to ensure the issue has been resolved and your heater is operating properly.
What are the benefits of professional water heater repair?
When your water heater breaks down, many people want to resolve the issue as quickly as possible to retain hot water comfort in their home. If you want to attempt to repair it yourself, you can contact the manufacturer and speak to a troubleshooting technician. They will look up your serial number and let you know if the unit is still under parts warranty.
If so, they will walk you through a troubleshooting process to determine what part has failed. They will then ship you the part and if you are a do-it-yourself handy type of person with basic tools, you can remove the failed part and install the new replacement part. Most people however prefer to hire a professional for this for the following reasons:
- Faster repairs: Water heater repair specialist may stock the water heater part needed to get your water heater back up and working the same day. If you go directly through a manufacturer for parts, it may take 1-3 business days just to receive the part.
- Safe repairs: No matter how handy around the house you are, repairing your water heater can be a difficult and potentially dangerous task since this device uses both gas and water, and sometimes even electricity.
- Warranty agreement: Some water heater manufacturers issue warranty policies that are valid only if licensed experts handle all the repairs. Hiring a professional will ensure an intact warranty that will allow you to replace your unit if the problems persist.
- Heater durability: A DIY approach to repairing your heater can turn out to be a temporary fix if there is more than one issue going on. Trained professionals have testing tools to test multiple parts of the unit and are more equipped to identify and resolve more complex issues. They can also perform maintenance on the unit to help extend with water heater longevity.
- Peace of mind: Finally, but equally importantly, hiring qualified pros to repair your heater will ensure absolute peace of mind knowing they have the experience and the know-how necessary to tackle underlying problems and resolve them properly.
Who are Corona’s trusted water heater repair specialists to get in touch with?
If you begin to take notice of problems with your water heater, and if you think there are signs that you should replace your water heater or have it repaired, it’s important to contact qualified and experienced water heater repair and installation professionals in Corona to help you out. Luckily, there is one company you can always rely on – OneStop Plumbers.
We are a company that specializes in providing expertise-based water heater installation, maintenance, and repair services and we are here to help you resolve your problems. Our qualified and dedicated technicians will arrive at your address near the Chino Hills State Park or another location in Corona and the area. Contact us today and tell us what we can do for you!