Tackling Water Leaks: What Do I Need to Know?
Dealing with plumbing emergencies by yourself can be extremely stressful, especially because they happen when we least expect them. If your home in Corona has suffered water damage due to an unexpected leak, you should call your plumber immediately to find the source and stop water loss.
By contacting your trusted plumbing professional promptly, you’ll ensure that the situation gets under control quickly to mitigate water damage. However, in order to know when to call a plumber, you first need to learn where to check for possible water leaks, as well as become familiar with frequent signs of a plumbing emergency and the most common causes of leaks.
What are the types of water leaks?
Here are some common types of water leaks that you may encounter in your household:
- Leaking pipes: As your plumbing system ages, corrosion may appear and damage your pipes. However, keep in mind that pinhole leaks are hard to notice because there are often no visible signs of water loss until the situation leads to more extensive water damage. This is also because pipes are weakest at their connections, so leaks often occur at joints. Depending on your home’s geographic location, it is not uncommon for inside and outside water pipes to freeze and burst, causing significant water damage. To prevent any of these scenarios, it’s best to have your plumbing system inspected annually.
- Leaky faucets: The usual causes of leaky faucets are corrosion, mineral deposits, defective gaskets, and similar. Leaks on water supply connections to faucets left unnoticed, may cause mold to start growing under lavs and lead to water damage on your ceiling or floorboards. To avoid this, you should contact your plumber at the first sign of an issue.
- Toilet leaks: These are some of the most common types of leaks homeowners face. One of the ways to uncover this leak is to listen for any strange noises that the valve may emit even when the toilet is not used. If you notice anything unusual, contact the experts as soon as possible in order to be on the safe side.
- Shower leak: This type of leak is quite frequent and can be caused by a number of reasons, including wear and tear on fixture cartridges, worn out seals around trim and drains, grout and tile gaps, etc.
How common are water leaks?
How often certain households will deal with different types of leaks will mostly depend on the following factors:
- How old your plumbing system is;
- If you have it regularly maintained and checked by plumbing professionals;
- Whether you live in an area affected by harsh weather conditions, or high water pressure;
- The overall quality of material used for water and drain lines.
You can never be 100% sure that your property is leak-proof, but quality maintenance and prevention are something you can definitely invest in. Your plumbing technicians possess state-of-the-art detection equipment and infra-red cameras that can detect and trace the source of leaks.
Looking for a reliable plumber in Corona or the area? Call OneStop Plumbers!
We are located just a short drive from Butterfield Park, and can be easily reached from all parts of the town. OneStop Plumbers is focused on applying their tried-and-tested methods and procedures on resolving common plumbing issues, such as water leaks, leaking faucets, poor water pressure, clogged drains, etc.
We specialize in a variety of plumbing services, and our experienced crew always strives to adhere to high safety standards while providing our clients with quality service. We are tirelessly working to improve our plumbing services further and investing in cutting-edge leak detection equipment. You can fully rely on us to take care of your plumbing issue efficiently and effectively.