Cleaning your toilet pipes either means that your toilet is clogged and that you’re trying to fix a very frequent plumbing problem, or that you’re doing regular maintenance of your plumbing. Either way, you can always let Chino Hills’ experienced plumber help you out and save you the hassle.
If you are a do-it-yourself(er), here are some tips on how to tackle cleaning your toilet pipes.
How do you clean toilet pipes?
There are various ways you can keep your toilet pipes clean, and various liquids you can pour down your toilet in order to keep it clean. But more on that later. Right now, let’s focus on what you can do to keep your toilet clean.
This means making sure you’re doing everything you can to prevent your toilet from getting clogged in the first place. Acting preventively is always superior to reacting to the problem once it occurs.
- Be very careful about what you flush down your toilet. There are several disposable items, such as diapers and tampons, that expand once they reach vertical sections of piping, blocking them. Also, do not dispose of vegetables, grease, and grains in your toilet.
- Try to keep all your vents as clear as possible. Water flow gets slower when there’s insufficient air flow in the toilet. Remove any debris from your roof openings and spray some water through them to remove any blockages that are further down.
- Flush all the toilets in your home at the same time. Gather all the members of your household to do this. The force of all the toilets flushing simultaneously can dislodge debris from the pipes. Do this on a monthly basis.
- Remove any tree roots from your side sewers. If the piping that leads from your house to the main sewer is old, it’s prone to root incursion. Try to remove any small roots before they grow in size and in problem.
- Curb the vegetation around the side sewer on a regular basis to prevent it from entering your side sewer and causing larger problems.
What to put down the toilet to clean pipes?
If you’re looking for ways to clean your toilet pipes, one of the easiest ways to do so is to pour something down the toilet. There are several effective ways to easily and efficiently keep your toilet pipes clean.
- Drain cleaners – Probably the most common solution people resort to when cleaning their toilet pipes is using a drain cleaner. However, you still need to be very careful when using drain cleaners, as most of them contain lye, which can burn you.
Always carefully read the instructions, or contact your local plumbers for assistance if you’re not sure what to do. Besides regular drain cleaners, there are two other alternatives that fall into the same category:
- Enzyme-based cleaners – These cleaners are best used as a preventive measure, as they’re not as effective at removing clogs as regular drain cleaners.
- Natural cleaners – If you don’t want to use harsh chemicals and you want to be kinder to the environment, you can resort to natural cleaners. You can try using
- Baking soda followed by lemon juice or vinegar
- Borax, vinegar, and salt combination
- Hot water
- Water blast – Sometimes, it takes nothing but good old water for you to resort to a plumbing blockage in your toilet. It’s inexpensive, completely safe, and easy to do. You simply attach a garden hose to a bladder, turn on the water, and watch the bladder expand and clear away the clogs.
- Auger – Finally, you can try using an auger to clean your pipes. Now, augers require some technique to be completely effective, so it’s maybe best to contact your local plumbers for some help using one of these. They’re great, but you have to know how to use them.
Who are the best plumbers across Chino Hills to help me clean my toilet?
If you’re experiencing any kind of plumbing-related issues, you need the help of dependable and experienced local plumbers. Luckily, with OneStop Plumbers in Chino Hills, you never again have to worry about your plumbing.
We are a team of professional plumbers who’ve seen it all. We can resolve your plumbing problems, allowing you a carefree visit to the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir. We’re here to help you with anything you need. Reach out to us today!